Since our formation in 1992, Albacore Systems has been committed to sustainable growth. Our aim is to reduce the impact on the Environment from our operations.
Where possible we minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible, incorporating reduction, re-use, and recycling in accordance with the waste hierarchy.
We will meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company.
We endeavour to reduce our consumption of resources and improve the efficient use of those resources, including our use of water, energy, and other resources.
Here are some examples of the measures we take to minimise our environmental impact:
- Our office has solar panels installed
- We have installed boiling water taps in our office that reduce energy and water usage
- We provide and encourage the use of paper, cardboard and plastic recycling facilities
- Our hosted server facility is located in a carbon neutral datacentre
- All our company vehicles meet the latest Government emissions standards
- We operate hybrid company cars
- We are actively researching the introduction of fully electric vehicles into our fleet
- We minimise vehicle use as a company through the use of virtual meetings, by providing remote support to our clients, and optimising journeys.
- We actively manage the power policies of supported customer systems to minimise their electricity use and their subsequent impact on the environment
- Since 2018 all our internal systems have been fully paperless
- Legacy customer equipment is sent for recycling via a licenced waste disposal contractor